We're a team on a mission. We're busy creating the tools to support buzzing & flexible workspaces around the world.
At Habu HQ we're looking for brilliant people to join us on this mission. So if you're looking to join a dynamic startup check out the opportunities we've currently got open.
Habu is one of those fantastic things; a genuinely useful product for businesses that are helping change the way people work around the world. We make elegant, intuitive management software for flexible workspaces such as coworking hubs and makerspaces, startup accelerators and business centres. It's an app that aspires to delight in functionality and user experience. We embrace modern tech to enable us to produce best in class software.
You’ll be the third member of our development team and will need to be ready to hop onto the front or back-end with equal vigour. A significant proportion of your time will be spent developing our front-end web apps, so you’ll need genuine enthusiasm for the challenges this brings. Keeping up to date with the latest features of the web platform and exploring new development practises will be part of your nature, and you’ll know when the time is right to adopt new tech.
We’re looking for a brilliant communicator, who can both voice their ideas and constructively engage with those of others in an open and supportive framework. As a startup, the code you’ll write will have a direct impact so you’ll be a key participant in product planning discussions. With that in mind, a keenness to develop a deep understanding of our customer's needs is a desirable quality too.
We all have stacks of energy, passion & vision for what we do, both in and outside of work. If you can express passion for what you do, and have an interest in what we’re working to accomplish at Habu, there’s a distinct possibility you’ll win us over.
● Write clean, modular and robust code, backed with tests
● Implement new UI features with ReactJS
● Create new microservices and adapt existing ones to evolving requirements
● Deploy and monitor updates to both staging and production environments
● Take an active part in the collaborative process of defining product features
Need to Haves:
● A good foundation of functional programming knowledge
● Experience building non-trivial web apps with modern techniques
● The art of communication; conveying your ideas to others is essential
● An understanding of document databases and key value stores
● Know your way around a command line
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
● Ability to structure code so that it can be easily tested and maintained
● Experience to know when to rewrite and when to make do
● Interest in new tech but the restraint to be pragmatic
Nice to Haves:
● Working knowledge of React and GraphQL
● Usage of functional libraries such as Ramda or languages such as Clojure or Haskell
● Experience of Continuous Integration and CircleCI
● Experience with AWS products and services - Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Cloudwatch
● Experience using and designing systems with a microservice architecture
● Familiarity with integrating 3rd party web APIs
At Habu, we’re creating delightful, elegant & powerful software that support the workspaces that are facilitating a new generation of creatives, entrepreneurs & startups. Our platform empowers hubs with the core tools our customers need, so they can focus on what they do best: providing fantastic spaces for their buzzing workplace communities.
Our ethos at Habu is centred on creating an open, stimulating and positive environment to work in. We believe in nurturing collaboration, mutual respect and the freedom to speak candidly. If this sounds good and you'd like to work in our lovely HQ in the heart of Stokes Croft (including office dog), we'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV & a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity highly at Habu. We believe that just as biodiversity is key to a healthy ecosystem, diversity in the workplace makes for a healthy, thriving & happy company. And as an equal opportunities employer, we don't discriminate by gender, race, age, sexual orientation or disability status. Full Stop.